Thing 6: Digital Storytelling

I love using digital storytelling tools with students! I've used Animoto, Powtoons, and WeVideo to make PSAs and other informational videos (example of one my student's videos). All are fairly simple to use although I use WeVideo as more of a replacement for Windows Movie Maker as it does not exist on Chromebooks. My students are using Storyboard That currently for their Multi Genre Research Project on "The Tell Tale Heart" or "I Felt a Funeral" and they've stated they enjoy using it due to the easy drag and drop and the selection of background/characters. I've also used Meme Generators for students because a meme is telling a story/explaining something and Pixton for comic strips which was great until RCSD lost the funding for it, although the free version is still manageable. Thinglink can also be a great tool for High School level digital storytelling because you can add in different media to different parts of the story including videos and audio. I had the students create one on what their dream vacation would be like if they went on it and here is an example https://www.thinglink.com/scene/1028668779594252290 . We should always allow students to have creative digital outlets!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 1: Getting Started

Thing 30: Final Reflection

Cool Things 8: Curation Tools